Type: Contract-basis (10-20 hours/week for 2-4 month project term)
Location: Remote (Kansas City, NYC)
Auxilius is building data-driven, clinical trial financial management software for Biotech’s. We help clinical trial Sponsors take control over trial costs, manage financial risk, and optimize spend in pursuit of trial outcomes. While our product looks like software, we are providing data, context, and frameworks that help Sponsors make decisions to achieve trial outcomes dynamically and cost-effectively — empowering teams of PhDs to bring drugs to market faster.
Auxilius was founded by senior executives from the healthcare information and financial services industries. The founding team has spent nearly a decade building workflow and intelligence tools for the Life Sciences industry by infusing data into intuitive SaaS solutions. We are backed by top-tier investors and advised by industry leaders in Clinical and Financial leadership roles at innovative Sponsors and CROs.
We are growing our engineering team to accelerate product development, meet the evolving needs of our early pilot customers, and deliver against a growing commercial opportunity.
The Senior UX Designer will work collaboratively with product management and at times with front-end engineering resources to shape the look and feel of the Auxilius product, and to design and advance usability of a select number of core product views. While the Senior UX Designer will draw from our existing research, user-stories, team calls, wireframes, and client feedback, the ideal candidate will be self-driven to understand the foundation of the product, its core uses and values, and strive to advance our customer understanding and product roadmap.
In this role you will have direct influence on the design of the Auxilius product and customer experience. You’ll be expected to help shape requirements and have strong opinions on the ways in which product design and UX can effectively meet client needs.
You’ll work directly with company leadership (CEO, Product Management, Tech), and have a direct and important impact on shaping the Auxilius core product.
If you’re passionate about our healthcare system (fixing it, at least), let’s talk. Our solution is designed to drive efficiencies and decision-making to improve how quickly and cost effectively new life-saving drugs get to market to help patients in need.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field of design is impressive, but not necessary. Your portfolio should speak for itself.
- Design experience preferred:
- B2B software for use in a professional setting
- Data-driven and/or workflow applications
- Complex project or budget management tools
- Comfort working with and integrating views from leading business intelligence and visualization software (e.g. AG Grid, Kibana, Tableau)
- Command of (and respect for) existing toolsets which may provide for
componentization and re-use. i.e., experience with design that scales in a build
- Experience with Agile development methodology preferred
- Ability to prioritize, communicate clearly, and partner effectively with technical and non-technical employees
- Comfort in an early stage, often unstructured, environment
- Ability to work well independently and with remote teams
- A sense of humor!
- Competitive hourly rate, commensurate with experience