Auxilius is building data-driven, clinical trial financial management software for Biotech’s. We help clinical trial Sponsors take control over trial costs, manage financial risk, and optimize spend in pursuit of trial outcomes. While our product looks like software, we are providing data, context, and frameworks that help Sponsors make decisions to achieve trial outcomes dynamically and cost-effectively — empowering teams of PhDs to bring drugs to market faster.
Auxilius was founded by senior executives from the healthcare information and financial services industries. The founding team has spent nearly a decade building workflow and intelligence tools for the Life Sciences industry by infusing data into intuitive SaaS solutions. We are backed by top-tier investors and advised by industry leaders in Clinical and Financial leadership roles at innovative Sponsors and CROs.
We are looking to bring on a Sr. Director, Clinical Trial Finance to join as part of our leadership team to play a crucial role in shaping product and defining how we meet evolving client needs.
Clinical trial Sponsors are accustomed to chasing milestones at any cost, often at the expense of processes (e.g. financial governance, risk management). We are looking for someone who thinks there is a better way.
The ideal candidate has years of experience managing trial budgets and outsourced vendor spend, with experience managing monthly accruals and core FP&A at an asset and trial/study level. You’ve interfaced and worked across clinical, clinical business, and financial functions. You recognize the limitations of general FP&A tools for the clinical trial use-case, and you’ve probably built monster models in Excel to bridge the gap.
You’re the person on your team that is unsatisfied with the status quo.
The Sr. Director, Clinical Trial Finance will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer and play a non-traditional, highly dynamic role. You’ll serve as a subject matter expert and be
instrumental in shaping product and defining how Auxilius works with clients to drive results. You will influence the prioritization of new product features, support key client implementations, and represent the voice of the customer. You’ll work in parallel with Product Managers, External Consultants, and Implementation teams and early clients directly to ensure that the Auxilius product meets evolving industry needs.
If you’re passionate about our healthcare system (fixing it, at least), let’s talk.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- 4+ years managing clinical trial budgets for multi-asset/multi-trial at biotech or large pharma
- Deep understanding of clinical trial accrual processes and cadences; experience working with clinical stakeholders and external vendors to ensure accuracy relative to contract terms, incurred activities, and available evidence (data)
- FP&A experience, including budget planning, budget variance analysis (budget vs. actual), and forecasting;
- Experience managing month- and/or quarter-end close and reconciliation
- Familiarity with regulatory (i.e., SOX) reporting requirements and audit support
- Demonstrated leadership skills: ability to prioritize, communicate clearly, and partner effectively with technical and non-technical employees
- Prior experience in the customization, implementation, and/or deployment of complex project or budget management tools (e.g. FP&A, ERP) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and customer service orientation
- Ability to work well independently and with remote teams
- A sense of humor!
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Depending on candidate preferences, equity-based compensation
- Best-in-class health benefits; flexible/unlimited vacation policy